What You Should Know about WEALTHY AFFILIATE : An Honest Review
Hi! I’m back with another lengthy blog post. This is my Personal Review and What You Should Know About Wealthy Affiliate.
If you are interested in Affiliate Marketing, I recommend to read this post thoroughly for it will help you. Since, this is long, I decided to divided it into 2 parts :
- A QUICK REVIEW – so you don’t have to undergo a painful reading of almost 3K- word post; and will include brief answers that you might have regarding Wealthy Affiliate;
- A DETAILED REVIEW – if you want to know Wealthy Affiliate better.
WEALTHY AFFILIATE’s QUICK REVIEW
NAME : Wealthy Affiliate
OWNERS / FOUNDERS : Kyle Loudon and Carson Lim
SINCE : 2005
PRICE : $0 for Starter Membership ; $49 / month for Premium Membership
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
– Wealthy Affiliate is a platform that provides training and teaches YOU and ME on how to start and grow an online business.
How Much do I Have to Pay to be a Member?
– You can join for free as a Starter Member. What is good about it is that, NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED. Although the things that is available for you is limited… Still with Starter Membership, you can build 2 free websites and you can have access to at least 20 training courses.
– Or YOU can upgrade to be a Premium Member with tons of benefits. It will give you FULL ACCESS TO ALL AREA OF WEALTHY AFFILIATE e.g All trainings, 1-on-1 Coaching, Webinars, 24/7 and Live Support, 50 Websites and a lot more. All these will guide to have a successful online business.
You will be charged $19 for your first month then it will be $49 monthly after that. Or you can pay yearly to $359.
Is Wealthy Affiliate Legit or just Another Scam?
Nope. Wealthy Affiliate is not a scam. You can see it for yourself if you don’t want to believe me or other reviews of WA. Since you can join for free, look around the Wealthy Affiliate dashboard and you’ll see Success Stories of Wealthy Affiliate members, I included some of them on this post if you scroll down.
How Does Wealthy Affiliate Work?
Wealthy Affiliate teaches its Members on how to build their own website, write a blog about a topic that interest you and targeting group of people that shares your interest. With that, you can earn money by leveraging other peoples’ product which is Affiliate Marketing.
Let’s say, You are a Camper. You know a lot about camping, tools, equipment needed etc. So you can create a website around that topic, for example one of your post talks about the “Best Top 5 Equipment to Bring on Camping”. You can list your suggestions, in an “affiliate link manner”, and if the your reader clicks and buy from that link, You will a commission.
Is Wealthy Affiliate for Beginners?
Yes, Wealthy Affiliate is for both beginners and experienced alike. You can join WA even if you have zero experience. It is the training that you can definitely start today.
I Am Not from the US, Can I still Join Wealthy Affiliate?
I decided to include this part. It’s one of the question I find frequently asked. Since I am in Asia, I wondered the same thing.
The answer is… YES, but there are list of countries that getting PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP is the only option. Those countries are :
You can click this link if you want to know more.
Before I totally proceed to more in-depth review on What You Should Know About Wealthy Affiliate, I would like to wrap things up quickly.
All the information I stated in this post are all based on my experience on how I see Wealthy Affiliate as a member.
Wealthy Affiliate doesn’t promise ANYONE to get rich quickly. Instead they are offering you a chance to try it first and see it for yourself. Wealthy Affiliates provides training and support that is needed in order to start and grow your online business.
Wealthy Affiliate training is a training that even a zero experience person can do.
I encourage you to join me, have a look, and take the training that is available for you. At the end of the day the decision will still be up to you.
Your thoughts are always important. Let me know what you think, leave it in comments below and I would be happy to get back to you.
But if you still want to know WA more deeply you can proceed reading my long and detailed honest review of Wealthy Affiliate.
Now here we go…
What You Should Know About Wealthy Affiliate : An Honest Review
First, let me just lay out to you what are the things you are about to read…
- All About Wealthy Affiliate
- What is Wealthy Affiliate really?
- Wealthy Affiliate Training and Webinars
- Wealthy Affiliate Website
- Wealthy Affiliate Tool for Creating a Keyword-Rich Content
- Wealthy Affiliate Training and Weekly Webinars
- Membership Options : The Free and The Premium
- What I like about Wealthy Affiliate ( The Pros & The Cons )
- Should you join Wealthy Affiliate?
- Is Wealthy Affiliate for beginners?
- Success Stories of few of Wealthy Affiliate Members
All About Wealthy Affiliate
I know that you probably have read many articles about What is Wealthy Affiliate. But let me just give you my own version of it, okay?
What is Wealthy Affiliate, really?
The owners and the co-founders Kyle and Carson built Wealthy Affiliate in 2005 with the GOAL of helping affiliate marketers and internet entrepreneurs, beginners or not. Now, 2018, with over a MILLION members and still growing. You can check it here for confirmation. Proof that Wealthy Affiliate is the one that YOU CAN TRUST.
Wealthy Affiliate is a training platform that teaches on how to build, grow and be successful in internet marketing. It doesn’t promise you that you’ll get rich overnight, instead it molds you into a successful online entrepreneur.
In Wealthy Affiliate you will learn the proper process of building an online business in any niche that you are interested to. Or what we called, Affiliate Marketing. Wealthy Affiliate break it down into this pattern :
Wealthy Affiliate shows and guides you through their trainings. But it takes a lot of work and action on your part to be successful.
Wealthy Affiliate Training and Weekly Webinars
This part is I believe what most members like the most. Here is why :
Wealth Affiliate training is…
- Is precise and made it simple to be understood by anyone.
- Outlined from the very basic going up to advance topics so as you progress.
- Offers Walk-Through videos in every lesson.
- Alway up to date.
- Includes doable task that you can immidiately apply in your website.
Let me just give the Lessons on the First Course which is also will be available to Starter Members.
Course 1 :
- Getting Rolling
- Understanding How to Make Money Online
- Choose a Niche
- Building Your Own Niche Website
- Setting Up you Website
- Getting Your Site Ready for Search Engines
- Creating Your Initial Website Content
- Creating Custom Menus on Your Website
- Understanding Keywords The Start of Your Content
- Congratulation and Your Next Step
If you noticed the first batch of Lesson that is set for you is One of The Core Features of Wealthy Affiliate. It already showing you, How you can start your Online Business by building your own website.
I don’t think, that you will find this in any other platform out there aside from Wealthy Affiliate.
The Bootcamp Training is designed for those aspiring Affiliate Marketers or Already an Affiliate but still needs some guidance.
Same thing with Online Entrepreneur Certification, the training here in Bootcamp is also subdivided covering every detail you need to know to be or as an Affiliate Marketer.
It has 7 Courses with 70 lessons. Each courses has 10 lessons.
Each lesson provides a Walk-Through Video that you can follow in doing your task. Rest assured that you won’t get lost. Let me lay out to you the Phase 1 or Course 1 of Bootcamp Training. This is what you will able to access as a Starter Member.
- Getting Started
- Choosing your Direction
- Building Your Website
- A Website Look Around
- Activating Your Plugins
- Getting Your Website Ready for SEO
- Your Initial Framework of Content
- Understanding the Keyword Research Process
- Creating Thoughtful, Insightful Review The Exciting Journey has Begun
This is just the Phase 1 / Course 1 of Wealthy Affiliate Bootcamp Training, you can see that it offers core features that can help you to start or to make your first step to online business.
Wealthy Affiliate Webinar
Wealthy Affiliate also provides Weekly Webinar! How cool is that? It tackles different topics on how you can improve your website.
Truly Wealthy Affiliate is packed of information that will guide you in your journey.
These are just few of the topics that has been discussed in the webinar in the month of September :
- The Money Funnel, The Best way to Monetize
- Using Custom Menus, (Main, RHS, Footer)
- Managing your Website Design Through CSS
- Advanced Widget and Framework Customization Professional Theme Designs and Costumization
Wealthy Affiliate provides Education in every aspect of online marketing. And it’s been updated regularly and can not be compared to any other platform out there.
In addition to that, don’t forget that WA has a LiveChat as well. Where you can ask questions, help or any guidance you need. Members will be and always be happy to give their support.
Wealthy Affiliate Websites
One of the first question that pops up to your mind the moment you get interested in Affiliate Marketing is :
“Can I promote a product without a website?” or “Can I be an Affiliate Marketer even with a website / blog?”
I know, because I myself asked that question, I googled it many times!
Although it is possible to be an Affiliate Marketer without a website (by using other forms such as YouTube or other social media) and like what other people are saying… I don’t believe it otherwise not even convinced.
Having or owning a website gives you more authority and credibility.
The good news is, you can have a website or multiple websites under Wealthy Affiliate “roof” through SiteRubix platform.
Since your website is the foundation of your business, it is important to have a well functioned platform that gives you tools you need to create and operate a successful business in Online World and you can avail it in WA too.
Aside from the fact that you can build your website quickly within Wealthy Affiliate through its’ SiteRubix platform, it provides hosting as well with very strong features such as :
- Site Speed – for better ranking and better enagagement and a 100% better experience for your visitors.
- Site SSL – serve your website over 256-bit Encrypted Connection (it is a padlock that appears beside your URL)
- Site Protect (Spam Blocker) – it blocks ALL automated spam before it even hits your site.
- Page Speed Insights – you can immediately check how fast your posts or pages loads in your website
- Site Health – monitors the health of your website to ensure you have the best chances of indexing, rankings and acwuiring traffic
- Site Support – a fast 24/7 Website Technical Support
- Site Security – protects your site from hacking, malware and bot-net attack
- Site Comments – Website Engagement platform to spark discussion within your website– a MUST for rankings!
- Unlimited Domain Specific Email Account
- and many more
Wealthy Affiliate Tool for Creating Keyword-Rich Content
To have a website means you have to create contents, not just any contents it has to be Keyword Rich so you’ll have a better chance of ranking in Google.
But unfortunately this is not an easy task, and I do believe that many affiliates/bloggers struggle when it comes to writing content that will rank in Google. Your content should be efficient enough to compete with others, others meaning MILLIONS OF THEM!
You have to be concern and focus on different area to be able to create and publish keyword-rich and SEO friendly content.
Out there you can find Keyword Research Tools. Some of them are free but most of the ones that functions well comes with a price tag.
Luckily, Wealthy Affiliate provides Jaaxy, a tool that can help you with that. It will guide you by showing how competitive your keyword is, how much traffic that you may get in case you rank at page 1 of Google and it shows you how many times people search for that keyword a month.
And as Wealthy Affiliate member you’ll have an exclusive access to it. Aside from that, Jaaxy also offers lucrative commission to you as an affiliate.
How good is that?
I narrowed the things down for you on what you’ll get in whatever membership you decided to join.
Like what I mentioned on the first page of this post. Joining Wealthy Affiliate doesn’t require any credit card. All you have to do is to provide your valid email address, then you’re done.
Once you signed in, automatically you have access to training and other stuff. But since you are in starter membership it is obviously limited. Here are the things that you can still avail as a starter membership :
MEMBERSHIP OPTION : STARTER
COST : FREE
- Live Help for 7 days
- 2 Websites
- Website Backup
- Beginner Training Course
- Personal Affiliate Blog
- Phase 1 of Bootcamp Training
- Video Walk-Throughs
- You Have 30 searches Keyword Research Tools
- Attend 2 Training Classroom
- Affiliate Program
- Earn While You Learn
- One on One Coaching for the first 7 days
Personally, this is what I like about Wealthy Affiliate– It doesn’t or will not push you to purchase anything — a very good and wise tactic I should say.
Although, the Starter Membership is limited, the good thing about it is… it gives you the chance to see first what you are getting into and the things that you are going to get. It gives you time to evaluate yourself, if this platform is for you, or how far you can go.
You can stay as a Starter if you wish. Honestly, you can start building your online/affiliate business after few lessons. If you’ll have question or queries at some point you can just Google it, watch a few tutorials in YouTube, read blogs… tons of information in the internet that you can get for FREE! right? So why bother upgrading, yeah?
Well, at least that’s what I thought. Actually you can find members in Wealthy Affiliate who are experienced and been in the business for long time, but there came a point that they needed help and turned to Wealthy Affiliate.
One thing is for sure, once you test out Wealthy Affiliate, there’s a bigger chance that you would upgrade to premium. Because, that is exactly what happened to me. And 1 out of 8 people upgrade to premium membership. But of course at the end of the day, it will still be up to you.
The Wealthy Affiliate Premium Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to its services—-> that means EVERYTHING!
In my opinion right now, upgrading to Wealthy Affiliate Premium Membership, is the best move I’ve made. What I mean is, if you are serious on creating an online business then why not starting out in the right path from the beginning, right?
Starting with a platform that is SOLID, CREDIBLE, BEEN IN THE BUSINESS FOR A DECADE like Wealthy Affiliate is the right move. Wealthy Affiliate offers you a community that is willing to help, tools, resources and an up to date training and webinars.
Here is what you you are going to get in Wealthy Affiliate Premium Membership :
MEMBERSHIP OPTION : PREMIUM
COST : $49 / month
- Unlimited Live Help
- Private Messaging
- You can have 50 Websites (25 free and 25 under your own domain)
- Website Security Package
- Website Backup
- Beginner Training Course
- Personal Affiliate Blog
- Affiliate Bootcamp Training
- Live Video Classes
- Video Walk-Throughs
- Unlimited Keyword Search Tool
- 12 Training Classroom
- Affiliate Program with x2 Higher Payout
- Earn While You Learn
- Unlimited One on One Coaching
- Private Access to Owners
- 24/7/365 Website Support
- Website Feedback Platform
- Website Comment Platform
- Website Analysis
Wealthy Affiliate is like a one-stop-shop. With all these that you will be getting… $49 a month is a real steal.
If you are going to get all of those, it will cost you a lot. Let say, Keyword Research Tool, like SEMrush, or KW Finder, the pricing to choose from are : $29.90, $39.90 and $79.90 per month depending on your needs. That alone is keyword research tool, what about hosting? And don’t forget, the UNLIMITED One-On-One Coaching!
But in Wealthy Affiliate you’ll get all those service in just $49 / month. And probably you would need an AutoResponder down the road. Yes it costs money, but EVERY BUSINESS OF ANY KIND REQUIRES AN INVESTMENT.
What I Like About Wealthy Affiliate
What I like about Wealthy Affiliate is first the COMMUNITY.
I’ve seen other forums or group where people are nasty and not welcoming.
Wealthy Affiliate Community is way different than that. They are so accomodating and willing to help each other. I was so amazed that on my first day on Wealthy Affilliate, people are already offering me help, giving me assurance that I am not going to be alone in this journey.
Like what I said above, Wealthy Affiliate is like a HOME FOR AFFILIATES. WA Community is like a family that is willing to give you support all the way.
That is one the reason why I decided to go Premium.
No wonder Wealthy Affiliate is getting stronger.
Wealthy Affiliate Pros & Cons
- 100% Free to join. No Credit Card Required.
- Everything is Online. No need for installing any software or any kind.
- Wealthy Affiliate recently gone mobile!
- You can have 50 websites as a Premium Member and 2 websites with hosting even as a Starter Member.
- NO Experience required
- You can always find Trainings, tutorials or blog related to building a website or affiliate marketing
- Easy to follow courses and lesson each with Walk-Through videos.
- Weekly Webinar
- Learn ate your pace.
- NO pressure to act now or you will lose everything forever.
- Tools you get for your website management.
- 24/7 Live Support team.
- Keyword Search Tool
- You’ll be surrounded with like-minded individuals, experts and successful bloggers/entrepreneurs.
- Learning everyday can sometimes be “information overload”.
- Wandering around Wealthy Affiliate premisses, chatting with other members, reading and commenting on blogs are “addictive” because it’s fun. So you tend to lose your focus.
- Wealthy Affiliate Rankings – it measures on how active you are in the platform. Which is for me, is, a sort of destruction.
- Although most of the trainings provided are well updated, I can not neglect the fact that there are some that are outdated.
Should You Join Wealthy Affiliate?
Well if you’re going to ask me, Should you join Wealthy Affiliate? my answer is definitely YES!
Wealthy Affiliate is not for you if :
- You want to get rich overnight.
- You will just sit and do nothing.
- You don’t want to spend a dime & time.
- You don’t to take advice from the others.
- You have the “I CAN DO IT BY MYSELF” attitude.
- You are not eager to learn.
- You have a negative mindset.
If, YOU are on those list. Then don’t join Wealthy Affiliate because you won’t be successful. And one thing that I want to say is…
“YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE, PUT YOUR TRUST TO WEALTHY AFFILIATE (whatever platform you decided to join) AND TO YOURSELF AS WELL. IF, YOU DO THAT EVERYTHING WILL FLOW SMOOTHLY. BUT IF, YOU HAVE EVEN JUST A TINY BIT OF HESITATION, IT WILL HOLD YOU BACK.”
ummm… I think I made a nice quote there… huh? lol
Is Wealthy Affiliate for Beginners?
The answer is… a big YES!
Personally, I think Wealthy Affiliate is tailored made for beginners rather than experts.
Why? Because of the way the trainings were set up.
So, even if you have a zero experience, this is the training that you can used to get started today!
All right, I think I’ve said every thing on What You Should Know about Wealthy Affiliate– An Honest Opinion. I hope I provided enough information that you can use to weigh Wealthy Affiliate among the others.
After reading this, I encourage you to go inside… Have a look… Observe… Click this link and See it for yourself.
And while you’re there inside of Wealthy Affiliate make use of the training that is available for you. Upgrade to Premium only if you find it useful to you. And if you do– I’ll be there.
Before I totally end this post I would like to share some of successful Wealthy Affiliate members as year 2018. You probably have seen other blog about Wealthy Affiliate with success stories in it but, most of them were few years back. I encourage you to read it, let me prove to you that WEALTHY AFFILIATE IS NOT A SCAM.
You might be familiar with their faces as well you probably stumbled upon their websites too. I ask permission if I could use their stories, and they’ve been greatful to help me.
Hopefully with all effort– My own story will be the next.
I suggest you click the image so you’ll see more of their stories and how did they make it.
He’s Jerry, he’s been a member of Wealthy Affiliate since 2016. And now, his earning a passive income. If you want to him better you can click it here.
He’s Micheal, been a member of Wealthy Affiliate since 2016. He used to be a truck driver but, found success in affiliate marketing. If you want to him better click here.
Eddy, it’s Eddy with Y that’s what he said on of his profile. He’s been in Wealthy Affiliate since 2007!! If you want to know him better click here.
Last but not hte least, is Todd. He’s been a member of Wealthy Affiliate since 2014.
Okay.. Before I wrapped up this long post, I would like to know what you think? Do you have some correction(s) you wish to make in my post? Do you have any question? Please leave them below, and I’ll be more than happy to get back to you.
See you on the next post. Oh! and Remember Sharing is Caring!
Wishing you all success,
Hi there! It’s Minah, creator and founder of Niches and Earnings.
I am in pursuit of finding ways to make money at home through affiliate marketing. And wish to share my knowledge to my readers.
Hope you find value on every post.